7 Essentials on Your Moving Checklist
Published on Wednesday, 09 December 2009
Don't make your checklist too long; otherwise it will mess up your move instead of organising it. Just put the essentials. These are seven of those things you can't do without during a move:
1. Item Inventory- this is the list of the furniture and appliances found in your old house that you will transfer into your new home
2. Removal Company tasks- these are the various tasks that you will give to the removal company you will hire or already hired
3. Garage Sale- turn your clutter into money through a garage sale. Sell the items that you don't need anymore or are not suitable for new house.
4. Keep Valuables- keep your jewelries and other precious items in a separate container. If possible, don't include them in the moving truck, otherwise you might lose them. Don't take the risk, bring them with you.
5. Moving Insurance- check if you've already insured your move so that you will have a damage-free move.
6. Call Utility Companies- contact utility companies, like phone, electricity, water and internet, so that when you move, it's all set up. Also, make sure that you've informed them about your move so that they'll end their service in your old house.
7. Clean New House- make sure that you've already cleaned your new house so that it is already ready for the move.
Put these on your checklist and you'll surely have an organised move!